Monday, September 7, 2009

Unto The Hills

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.--Psalm 121:1

We tend to become like that with which we identify ourselves. It is only as we let go of the lesser identity than we can take hold of the greater identity with Divine Strength. Only as we drop confusion can we entertain peace. To transcend doubt, fear and uncertainty we must lift up our thought unto the spiritual hills of Life.

It is said that Jesus went up to the mount to deliver the most famous sermon ever given to the world. We, too, must go up to the mountain top if we would rise above the little things that bother us. We must identify ourselves completely with the greatness of the Spirit of God and breathe in Its mighty power. Too long have we identified ourselves with that which is small, insecure, uncertain and unworthy. Today we must permit our consciousness, through our faith, to rise to a greater and deeper realization of the Divine Presence forever delivering Its nature to us. Consciously, every moment, we must continue to identify ourselves with the Source of all, God.

Today, if confusion enters my thought, even briefly, I shall repudiate it. I turn resolutely to the Divine Source in me that knows no confusion, to that spiritual Center within me that knows no fear.

No comments: