Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Immortality

For I am the Lord, I change not.--Malachi 3:6

Emerson said, "nothing is dead; human beings feign themselves dead, and endure mock funerals and mournful obituaries, and there they stand looking out of a window, sound and well, in some new and strange disguise."

I believe in every person there is this hope, this belief in the immortality of his own being, and there is something about every living soul that knows he is made of immortal stuff, that there is no death. But eternity is not some far-off event, remember, "Beloved, now are we the sons of God." It is today that I enter into a complete realization of my immortal being.

Today I sense that every person is as eternal as God. Today I know that all humanity is clothed with resurrection. Immortality is at hand and I must experience it. I must live as an immortal Being and I will deny any belief in me that does not allow me to experience eternity in this moment, in this day.

Today, realizing there is nothing in my past that can rise against me, nothing in my future that can menace the unfoldment of my experience, life will be an eternal adventure, an unfolding experience of greater and better experiences. Evolution is onward, upward, forward, outward, expansive and always changing and adapting. I live in this abundant life and I am in awe in comtemplating the immeasurable future, my path of eternal progress and growth. I am blessed to be awaken to this eternal Truth.

No comments: