Friday, September 11, 2009

I Ask, I Receive

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.--Matthew 7:7

"Ask, and it shall be given unto you" is one of the greatest promises of the ages and has within it the greatest possibility ever experienced by the mind of man. Surely this implies that there is a power that can and will honor our request. But the same man said, "Ye ask and receive not, because ye ask amiss." These two sayings of Jesus are not contradictory, each implies that there is a Divine Power that withholds nothing from man but cannot contradict Its own nature. That is, God's nature is love(good). Evil does not exist and has never existed in God's nature and if your request is not constructive and good, then your desires will not be fulfilled from God's abundance. If our desires go against God's nature, this would be "asking amiss." Outside of God's nature evil is made manifest through the mind and actions of man.

Whatever I ask for in the name of God's true Reality, that is, in the nature of that which is real, I shall most certainly receive. First, I must seek, be clear and focused on what I desire, and I shall find it. I must also recognize and embrace my oneness with God, understanding that what I seek comes through this relationship. Secondly, "knock, and it shall be opened unto you," means that my conscious mind must be opened to acceptance, faith, and confidence, to receive what I desire. I cannot receive that which my mind refuses to accept due to doubt, uncertainty, confusion and fear.

Today I believe and I accept with thanksgiving all the blessings that come to me from the Life of God. Therefore, today I ask and know that I shall receive. I seek and know that I shall find. Today I knock and know that it shall be opened unto me. I receive the gift of Life in all Its fullness. I ask this day for only Good and Perfect love, peace, happiness, joy, good health, wealth and prosperity, passion for loving others and passion for living. As I have asked, I receive.

No comments: