Monday, August 11, 2008

Love, Truth and Beauty

I believe it was Plato who said that God is love, truth, and beauty. It has always seemed wonderful to me that one of the world’s greatest thinkers should have included beauty as a necessary part of describing the Divine nature of God. How evident this beauty is everywhere we look! How wonderful is the landscape, the sunset, or the color of the desert at dawn. How beautiful is the daffodil or the iris (my favorite) in its delicate and simple design. And what majestic beauty and strength we find in the mountain and ocean wave. There is the beautiful sound of a simple melody played on an accordion by my mother when I was a child. Everything in our life is rooted in beauty. Beauty is harmony and right proportion. It is symmetry and charm and grace. Surely we should identify ourselves with this terrific beauty that pours its warmth and color over everything and seems to be at the very root of our being.

Affirmation: I see beauty in everything, every person, and know that God is the very essence of this beauty. I shall no longer think of myself as separate from this beauty or different from it. Therefore, today I will not judge by appearances or deeds but will see Divine Beauty in everything and in every person. In this beauty I am beautiful. In this infinite warmth and color I live and have my being. I am speaking into the Mind of God when I ask that only Good and Perfect things be made manifest in my life this day: Love, Joy, Happiness, Peace, Good Health, Wealth and Prosperity. I receive these Good and Perfect things with a grateful heart.

No comments: