Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Living Without Fear

Fear robs our memory of happiness because it dwells upon the limitations and disappointments of the past. Fear casts it’s own shadow of the past into our future. How much better life would be if we could think as a child thinks, abandoning ourselves to the integrity of the miracle-working universe in which we live or just having a fun bubble bath with your favorite rubber duckie, with no care in the world. This is one of my favorite pictures of 1 year old Maeve beginning to really express her personality and spirit to her mother. But I digress. My point is,if the warmth of the sun can melt an iceberg, why should it not follow that there must be something in us or operating through us that can dissolve any difficulty, remove any obstruction, or renew any human relationship that has been impaired. We should consciously practice having faith just as we would practice to become a musician. Prayer and affirmation is a form of exercise building up our faith in Good. The process is simple enough since it finally resolves itself into very simple affirmations of conviction, but there must be persistency until finally old thought patterns melt and give way to new ones. In other words, change the way you think and you will change your life.

Fear, lack and limitation are all illusions born in the mind of man made manifest from our experiences. If we truly exist in the Mind and Life of God, as I believe we do, then no fear, thoughts of lack or limitation, anxiety, doubt or uncertainty exist in this Reality. Even death is an illusion as Jesus once demonstrated for the entire world to see.

Affirmation: Today I cultivate the practice and art of having faith. I affirm the reality of the Divine Presence of God in my life and deny everything that refutes it. As a child turns to its parents, so do I turn to that infinite Presence whose creative Power can do all things, and I accept the influx of all that makes for richer living. Because nothing is impossible to God, I believe that nothing is impossible to me through God’s Power in me. I am daring to believe in the greater good. I am forsaking all that has held me in bondage, and, uniting myself with faith, with expectation, and with the joy, I now live without fear.

Be not overcome by evil, but overcome evil with Good. —Romans 12:21

No comments: