Monday, August 18, 2008

I Am Inspired

A little girl, dressed in her Sunday best, was running as fast as she could, trying not to be late for Bible class. As she ran she prayed, "Dear Lord, please don't let me be late! Dear Lord,please don't let me be late!"While she was running and praying, she tripped on a curb and fell, getting her clothes dirty and tearing her dress. She got up, brushed herself off, and started running again! As she ran she once again began to pray, "Dear Lord, please don't let me be late...But please don't shove me either!"

Jesus, in utmost simplicity, proclaimed, “I and the Father are one.” What do you suppose would happen if you believed his declaration, not as a mere intellectual concept, but with deep inward feeling and an expanding sense of its meaning? Would you not sell all that you possess for this single pearl of utmost worth and receive this mountaintop of revelation? If the wisest person who ever lived proclaimed this truth, should you not accept it, simply, directly, sincerely?

Perhaps what Jesus taught seems too good to be true, and yet, all Nature is a living example, a continuous reminder, that there is a Spirit animating everything, a Presence diffused, a Law governing, a Unity sustaining, a coordinating Will binding all of us together, a unifying Principle holding everything in place.

Affirmation: I cleanse the windows of my mind that it may become a mirror reflecting inspiration from the Most High. Today I walk in the pathway of inspiration. There is an inspiration within me that governs every act, every thought, with certainty, with conviction, and in peace. The key that unlocks the treasures of the Kingdom of Good is in my hand. I unlock the doorway of my consciousness and gently open it that the Divine Presence may flood my whole being with light, illumine my being with Its radiant glow, and direct my footsteps onto the pathway of peace and joy.

No comments: