Friday, August 8, 2008

I am Rich

How beautiful was the thought of Jesus when he told us to “consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin; And yet I say unto you, that even King Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.” Jesus was telling us to identify ourselves with the abundance of nature, that is, the nature of God, the constant outpouring of the Divine Life and Spirit of God in goodness, in riches, in everything that makes for happiness, wholeness and success in our lives. God cannot fail to do this for us because this is the true giving nature of God. The Divine will never fail us as long as we have implicit confidence in the Life and Mind of God to always sustain us and provide what we need, when we need it. But we are so deceived by the elusion of self, doubt, lack, fear and uncertainty, that it becomes necessary for us to take time every day to reaffirm our union, our oneness, with the great out-flowing of this gift of Life. This is the purpose of prayer and meditation. It is natural that we should wish for the more abundant life. It is right that we should accept it. God has already made the gift; it is up to us to receive it. Where the soil is most fertile, the lily of the field will grow, spread and multiply in abundance. Make your mind fertile and open to these simple seeds of truth and then prepare to receive blessings and be amazed.

Affirmation: Today I receive this gift, this goodness. Today everything that I am and have is increased by it. I identify everything I do with success. I think affirmatively and in all my prayers I accept abundance. Whatever I need, whenever I need it, wherever I need it, for as long as I need it, will always be at hand. I no longer see negation, lack or limitation, delay or stagnation in my affairs, but rather, claim that the action of the Living, Loving Spirit of God makes prosperous everything I do, increases every good I possess, and through me brings gladness and joy, happiness and success to everyone I meet this day and every day. I ask this day that only Good and Perfect things be made manifest in my life: Love, Joy, Happiness, Peace, Good Health, Wealth, Prosperity, Wisdom, Knowledge, Understanding, Friendship and Kindness.

No comments: