Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Law of Attraction

This is my son, Tyler, in Peru or maybe Bolivia, I'm not sure. He is obviously having a mountain-top experience as he was finishing up a solo backpacking trip through South America. This had been a goal of his for several years and I'm very proud of him and how he has learned to focus on the things that make his life fuller and not just ordinary. In my humble opinion, you can't have too many mountain-top experiences in life, so you should seek them out whenever possible.

Today I want to talk about Law of Attraction. I believe you are always either attracting or repelling according to your thoughts and mental attitudes. You are either identifying yourself with lack or with abundance, with love and friendship or with indifference. You attract love into your life by loving yourself and others. Jesus understood this law perfectly when he stated that the greatest commandment is to Love God with all your heart and Love your neighbor as yourself. If you want to experience love, joy, peace and happiness in your life, then you must focus your desire for love, joy, peace and happiness and these things will be made manifest in your life. If you want to attract money, focus on wealth. It is impossible to bring more money into your life when you focus or dwell on the lack of it. Give more of your money away in order to bring more of it into your life. When you are generous with money and feel good about sharing it, you are saying through your conscious mind, “I have plenty.” Your thoughts become things. Your current thoughts are creating your future life. What you think about the most or focus on the most will appear as your life.

"All that we are is a result of what we have thought."--Buddha (563 BCE-483-BCE)

This law of attraction and repulsion works automatically. It is like the law of reflection—the reflection corresponds to the image held before a mirror. Go back and read the blog from August 10, 2008, titled “Life is a Mirror.”

How careful, then, you should be to guard your thoughts and words, consciously refuting and denying the existence of self-doubt and fear that you may feel. Accept only the good that forms in your mind and consciously refute and repel every thought that denies or questions the reality of good.

Affirmation: Today I know that my word penetrates any unbelief in my mind, casts out fear, removes doubt, clears away obstacles, permitting that which is enduring, perfect, and true to be realized. I have complete faith and acceptance that all the statements I make will be carried out, as I have believed. I do everything with a sense of reliance upon the Law of Good (Law of God); therefore, I know that my word shall not return unto me void. I accept this word and rejoice in it. I expect complete and perfect results from it.

No comments: