Sunday, August 10, 2008

Life is a mirror

When Jesus stated that “If God be glorified in him(humanity), God shall also glorify him in Himself.” Perhaps this is one of the most profound thoughts Jesus ever gave to the world, for it really tells us that when humanity is glorified in God, then God is glorified in humanity. And it means exactly this: life is a mirror to each one of us, and as we see the glory of God in this mirror, so shall this mirror reflect back to us that same glory. Jesus is explaining that as the image in the mirror and its reflection become one even as the Father and the Son are one in glory and in power. No more exalted concept of Divine union could possibly be given than this.

Affirmation: I glorify myself in God and I glorify God in me. For I am in the Life of God and God is my life. And as God is glorified in me, so am I glorified in the nature of God. I do give thanks for this intimate and complete union of my soul with its Center and its Source. And may I always recognize in myself and in others the glory of beauty of the incarnated God. Realizing the One Life without and within, consciously uniting with It, I proclaim God’s presence in everything. Knowing that there is no great and no small, I proclaim God’s presence in the smallest as well as the greatest. All my affairs shall reflect the glory and the power and the majesty of the Infinite Spirit of God. In everything I do my reflection shall proclaim God’s love, God’s life, and God’s light in me. God is glorified in me today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I, too, see beauty in everything. But everyone needs a little BeautiControl. :)

Willi B. said...

True!