Wednesday, October 7, 2009

God Loves


I attended my son's wedding this past weekend on Long Island and the priest, Father Bob, made some very profound and unexpected comments during the ceremony. He said that God loves us through the people and things we attract into our lives. For example, he told my son that God is loving him through Amanda, his new wife, and God is loving Amanda by bringing Tyler into her life. He stated that this is not the result of fate which I thought was interesting. He also stated that God is closer than our own breath which I thought was excellent and very metaphysical coming from the traditional Catholic perspective. It was a beautiful ceremony and I felt very blessed to be a part of this Good and Perfect event in my family's life. I have never seen Tyler more happy and at peace. All our lives are made whole when we accept and receive the Gifts of God's Love.