Monday, September 1, 2008

Attract Only Good

There is a law of attraction and repulsion that works atomatically. It is like the law of reflection where the reflection corresponds with the image held in front of the mirror. Emerson said that we see what we animate and that we animate what we see. Jesus proclaimed that it is done unto us as we believe. This remarkable spiritual genius even went so far as to say that when we feel the need of anything, or desire it, we should pray for it and in the act of our prayer we should mentally receive the object of our desire as though it already exists.

My prayer, today, then, is one of affirmation and acceptance. I lift my cup of acceptance, knowing there is Divine outpouring that fills it to the brim. If my cup appears to remain empty, I neither condemn myself nor lose confidence in Life. Rather I more carefully scrutinize my own thinking, turning away from that which denies my good.

Thou shalt make me full of joy.--Acts 2:28

No comments: