Thursday, November 12, 2009

The True Temple

Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you?--1 Corinthians 6:19

Emerson said that "God builds His temple in the heart," and Seneca said that "God is to be consecrated in the breast of each." St. Augustine said that "the pure mind is a holy temple for God." To realize that God is in us, with us, and for us, is the first step toward understanding that we are the temple of the Holy Ghost. It is the realization of this Spirit at the center of everything that enables us to see God in everything and everyone.

I believe that the conscious mind is the temple of the Christ Mind and we must control the conscious mind so that it functions through it allowing the Spirit of God to control the intellect. Because of this there is a divine patern of perfection at the center of my being. I will no longer think of my physical body as being separated from this Spiritual Presence which is God. The Presence is the Cause, the body is the effect, and the two are one.

Today I could ask for anything, believing it has been made manifest in my life and I indeed receive. I ask this day that only love, joy, peace, happiness, passion for loving everyone and everything, good health, wealth and prosperity, wisdom, right thinking and guidance be made manifest in my life. It is done.

No comments: