Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Power of the Word

The universe seems beyond our comprehension. The slightest fact in nature is a miracle we cannot perform, even though we try. All we can do is recognize that there is a way to work with these spiritual laws of the universe. We may rely upon It, for It will not fail us. We must come not only to believe and accept, but also to know that we are one with this living Spirit of God, and that God is all there is. Even Jesus admitted to his followers that he could do nothing outside or separate from God(the Father).

Our word, being placed in the Presence and the Power and the Activity of God's Spirit(Life), activates the Law of Mind(God), which cannot fail to operate(God withholds nothing). We must believe that there is something permanent about the word we have spoken when spoken into the Mind of God. When we plant a seed in the ground and walk away from it, nature takes it up, and the law of its own being evolves it, grows it, and It's life is made manifest. So let us believe the same thing about our word--something takes it up, something evolves it, acts on it, and it will manifest.

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void." --Isaiah 55:11

Affirmation: I affirm this day that it is the word of Truth establishing harmony as my experience. With utmost simplicity I accept and believe in the answer to my own prayer because it is a prayer of acceptance. I receive according to my faith and belief in the power given to my spoken words by the Law(of God). There is an Intelligence, a Divine Presence operating in and through my life, guiding, directing, governing, bringing me good. This affirmation of acceptance endlessly repeats itself in my experience and in the experience of others, for whatever I identify my word with is lifted up in consciousness and made manifest.

No comments: