Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Power of the Word

The universe seems beyond our comprehension. The slightest fact in nature is a miracle we cannot fully explain or perform. I recognize that there is a way to work with the spiritual law of the universe. We may rely upon It, for It will not fail us. We must come not only to believe and accept, but also to know that we are one with the living Spirit, that God is all there is.

Our word, being the presence and the power and the activity of God's Spirit, activates the Law of Mind, which cannot fail to operate. Let us feel that there is something permanent about the word we have spoken. Just as we plant a seed and walk away from it, nature takes it up, and the law of its own being evolves it, so let us believe the same thing about our word--something takes it up, something evolves it, and it will manifest.

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void." I affirm that it is the word of Truth establishing harmony as my experience. With utmost simplicity I accept and believe in the answer to my own prayer because it is a prayer of acceptance. There is an Intelligence, a Divine Presence operating in and through my life, guiding, directing, governing, bringing me good.

He that doeth truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.--John 3:21


No comments: