Monday, March 22, 2010

Nonviolence

Gandhi built his whole philosophy of life around the theory of nonresistance and nonviolence. An ancient Chinese sage said that all things are possible to the person who can perfectly practice inaction. And my wife says that I am lazy when I am actually perfectly practicing inaction. And the Bible also exclaims: "Be still, and know that I am God." I believe there is a spiritual consciousness that, through the power of nonresistance, can change a condition that appears solid. To illustrate, think of an iceberg. When the sun's rays daily fall on it, it will dissolve. Such is the power of nonviolence.

There is Life, Energy, a Presence flowing in, around, and through all things that nothing can resist. Unfortunately, our way is the way of resistance, instead we try to change the outer without changing the inner first.

Today I practice nonresistance. I disregard everything that seems to contradict the Reality in which I believe, affirm and accept. As I believe, affirm and accept that God resolutely turns me from everything that denies the good I wish to experience. There is no situation or condition that resists this transcendent thought; for I proclaim this day the omnipotence of God, the guidance of the Mind of God that knows all things, and the Peace that is beyond every confusion in life.


No comments: