Saturday, June 26, 2010

I Will Fear No Evil

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;

Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever. --Psalm 23


Today my heart is without fear, for I have implicit confidence in the All-Good and Perfect nature and character of God. Fear is the only thing to be afraid. I know that evil is transitory, but good is permanent. I know that right finally dissolves everything opposed to it. The power of the Spirit of God is supreme over any antagonist. Therefore, I cherish no fear. When I refuse to empower fear or hate in my reality, I come to understand the truth regarding the unity of life.


I realize that fear is not Godlike, since it contradicts the Divine Presence, repudiates limitless Love, and denies infinite Good. Therefore, I know that fear is a lie, a fraud. It is neither person, place, nor thing; it is merely an imposter that I have believed in until now. I have entertained it so long that it seems as if it really were something, and it attempts to make me believe that two and two are five, that the earth is flat, and that God is limited.


Today I repudiate all fear. I renounce and reject the belief in evil. I accept the Good and Perfect nature of God as supreme, positive, absolute, and limitless. With joy and passion I will begin each day, and without fear, doubt or regret I remember the events of yesterday, and with confidence I look forward to tomorrow with great expectancy knowing that perfect peace, love, joy, happiness, good health, wealth and prosperity is already being made manifest in me and in everyone and everything around me. Today and everyday, my heart is free from fear.

No comments: