Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Share The Gifts

I will give unto him that is a thirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.--Revelation 21:6

What a wonderful thought this is, that the very fountain of Life flows openly and free, that the gifts of heaven and earth are so bountifully bestowed upon all who receive them. But there is another thought I want to consider. If God has already made the gift, then even God, the Supreme Intelligence and Perfect One, must wait for our acceptance of this gift. Perhaps we err in that we do not expect to share the gifts of God. Perhaps we are bound by the thought that we are not yet good enough or deserving to accept the gifts of this Kingdom of Heaven. Too often we listen to religious dogma that tells us that we are undeserving and these gifts are withheld because we are unworthy, and so we do not live in an enthusiastic and confident expectation of sharing with the Infinite. What a wonderful truth to know that we actually share with the Infinite in the boundless gifts of Life!

Today I consciously share in the gifts of Life. I open my whole thought and my whole being to this Divine source that is in me. I empty myself of everything that denies this good I so fervently desire. I establish my mind in expectancy, a feeling that all the good there is must belong to everyone who will take it.

As I receive in abundance, freely I give everything I have, blessing the gift as it passes through me to others, that it may be multiplied in their experience also.

No comments: