Monday, December 1, 2008

My Individuality

It is right and necessary that we should be individuals. If two persons were exactly alike, one would be unnecessary in the scheme of things. Emerson said that imitation is suicide. The Divine Spirit never made any two things alike--no two rosebushes, two snowflakes, two grains of sand, nor two persons. We are all just a little unique, for each wears a different face but behind each is the One Presence--God. Unity does not mean uniformity. Unity means that everything draws its strength, its power, and its ability to live from One Source. One Life does flow through everything, but this Life is never monotonous; It is forever doing new things in you and in me.

I affirm that I, too, am of this original Spirit and that It is doing something new through me today. Therefore, everything I do is original; it is a new creation. There is a new enthusiasm, a new zest for life. Even the old songs I sing are different because of a renewed influx coming from "the Maker of all music."

No comments: