Friday, November 21, 2008

Shadows

The Talmud says that unhappy conditions arise when we mistake shadow for substance. The Psalmist proclaims "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me.." My knowledge that the great I Am is ever available gives me an increasing capacity to draw upon It and to become inwardly aware of the Presence of God's Spirit in me and all around me. As my faith is increased, as I embrace this Divine Presence this day and every day, I am able to recognize and discern the differences between the shadows and what is Real.

Because my life exist in the Life of God I know that every apparent death is a resurrection. I know that fear, doubt, thoughts of lack or limitation are shadows of my past and do not exist in Reality.

Knowing this I now claim health instead of sickness, wealth instead of poverty, happiness instead of misery. Every thought of fear or limitation is removed from my consciousness. I know that my word transmutes every energy into constructive action, producing health, harmony, happiness, joy, peace and great success. I know that there is something at the center of my being that is absolutely certain of itself. It has complete assurance and it gives me complete assurance that all is well. Silently I pass from less to more, from isolation to inclusion, from separation into oneness. This perfect Law of God is operating through me. Joyfully and thankfully I accept it.

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.--Maori Proverb

1 comment:

To be determined... said...

Wonderful entry! It reminds me of this sweet poem. In life, when we go through the shadows, He is always there. So we can live with an open heart and never fear.


FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND
One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking along the beach
with the Lord.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.

For each scene,
he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand.
One belonged to him, and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed
that many times along the path of his life,
there was only one set of footprints.
He also noticed that it happened
at the very lowest
and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him
and he questioned the Lord about it.:


oooO
( )
\ (
\_)

"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during
the most troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when I needed you the most
you would leave me."

oooO
( )
\ (
\_)

The Lord replied,
"My precious, precious child,
I love you and would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then I carried you."