Friday, November 14, 2008

Giving

We all wish to receive, but how many of us desire to give? If, as Jesus intimated, receiving is the other end of giving, then the more we give, the more we shall receive. "Who loses his life shall find it." We should give the best that we have to one another and to the world. This gift of Life is made without effort. It is a complete abandonment fo the self to Life--a conscious letting go of all the tight strings of our being, a loosening of the Divine gifts within us. Only when we have learned to give all will we be in a position to receive all.

Today I give myself unstintingly to the Life that God gives me. This I do spontaneously and with joy, withholding nothing. I will not do this with any hope of reward, but in the glad joy for the opportunity to increase the fullness of the Life God gives me. Everything that I have belongs to the world. Giving, I will receive the world back into my own consciousness. I acknowledge that One Life flows through all.

Today is good, tomorrow will be even better!