Friday, April 9, 2010

Simplicity

In the complete simplicity of Jesus we find thoughts more profound than those of the world's greatest philosophers, yet so simply stated: "As thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee." What is this but saying there is a Power greater than we are and we can use It? All the art, all the science, and all the wit of humankind can neither add to nor take from this Life Itself. There is a Presence, a creative Power and Intelligence that responds to our words and thoughts.

I accept this simple idea with utmost simplicity, and I believe in my heart of hearts, that which my intellect cannot and need not explain, that is, the mystery of Life. For all the rational analysis, human reasoning, and all the apparent synthesis of every analysis known to the mind of man has not, and cannot, and never will explain Life. This Divine Gift is made and I shall not question why, but simply receive with the greatest of gratitude.

Today I have nothing to explain, nothing to be profound about, nothing to become lost in or separated from. There is the One Life which is the Life of God and I live in that Life. This is where joy, peace love, happiness, perfection, wholeness and well-being live and they are all mine. I love and am loved. In joy, then, I greet each day and rest at night with a calm confidence in God's Spirit which is All-Good and Perfect.

When I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto unto me.--Micah 7:8


No comments: