Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Life and Love

All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.--Jesus (Matthew 28:18)

It is interesting to note that while Jesus said that all power was given to him in heaven and earth, at another time he said that he of himself could do nothing. This sounds like a contradiction until we understand the subtlety of its meaning. Jesus realized that there is but One Power and One Presence and he knew that we all live in this Presence and by this Power. He also knew that when he surrended himself to the Presence, that is, when he thought the thoughts of God after Him, then the Power would autmatically respond to him. Therefore, in surrending himself to the Presence of God he commanded the Law of Good. For we all use the Law of Good, which of Itself is entirely impersonal and independent of us, like all other laws of nature.

Today I depend on the Power that is greater than I am and upon the Law of Good that is available right here and now. I identify my life with the Presence and the Power and the Love of God. I recognize the Divine Presence within and around me, and in all people.

If there is anything in me that denies this Presence or this Power, I remove it from my thoughts and let it go. This day I surrender myself to the complete conviction that everything necessary for my well-being, for my physical, mental, and spiritual self-expression, is now operating in, through, and around me. I know that everything I do will prosper. I know that the One Life, which is God, is also my life. Therefore, I accept this gift of Life and Love, for myself and for all people.

No comments: