Thursday, December 17, 2009

Law of Liberty

But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.--James 1:25

It[God] was not created in the past, nor is it to be annihilated in the future; it is eternal, permanent, absolute; and from all eternity it sufficiently embraces in its essence all possible merits.--The Mahayana

Jesus tells us that we should look to the perfect law of liberty, follow its precepts, and then we shall be blessed in our deeds. This means to keep the eye single, or centered, on the Presence, the Power, and the Responsiveness of God's Spirit. The Law of God would have to be a law of liberty, since bondage could not come from freedom any more than death could be born of the Principle of Life. We often wonder why we are so limited, and too frequently project the blame for our limitations upon the universe or essentially our cirumstances. This is a psychological trick that we play in ignorance of the true Reality. Limitation is not imposed upon us by the universe, but through our own ignorance and elusional self(ego). Every scientific discovery since the beginning of recorded history tends to prove this. The Invisible takes temporary form in our experience.

I look upon these forms as the play of Life upon Itself. In our own experience we become through God's Creative Wisdom cocreators in our personal affairs. This Divine Creative Spirit embraces every possible action. There is no greater freedom to be found or given.

Each new day I open my consciousness to this freedom and to the Divine Influx, expecting greater wisdom, more definite guidance, and more complete self-expression.

Today, I lift up my consciousness and receive a more abundant expression. I bless everything and know that all good will multiply in my experience. I expect only good. I live in a state of joyous anticipation, as well as quiet realization. I expect the All Good and Perfect to manifest in my experience today and everyday.

No comments: