Thursday, December 10, 2009

Universal Reflection



I am the Lord, I change not.--Malachi 3:6


The Tao, considered as unchanging, has no name.--Text of Taoism


The Tao cannot be heard; what can be heard is not It. The Tao cannot be seen; what can be seen is not It. The Tao cannot be expressed in words; what can be expressed in words is not It. Do we know the Formless which gives form to form? In the same way the Tao does not admit of being.--Kwang-Tze


Canst thou by searching find out God? Canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection? It is high as heaven.....The measure thereof is larger than the earth, and broader than the sea.--Job 11:7-9

Job asks us if we can find God by searching. He means that since God is everywhere, and since the subtle essence of the Infinite is invisible, we do not have to search out the Divine Spirit, but, rather, we should recognize It as the center of our life and all that exists.

That which we see when we look to the heavens, the stars, the planets, even planet earth is merely a reflection of this invisible Presence of God. In reality there is no space or time. What we see is a reflection of the Life of God that knows no space or time, where there is no beginning or end. The form I see when I look into a mirror is a refection of the form God makes. The Spirit Itself cannot be seen, but It is felt, just as we do not see God but we do feel the Divine in everything. The Creator is revealed in Its creation. The Formless gives rise to the formed.

I unite myself with this invisible Essence that pervades everything, that which is undivided and eternal. To do this is to find wholeness.

Today I feel that I merge with the Infinite and I see myself in the reflection of God's pool of Creative Spirit and Life. While there seems to be a beginning and an end to my life experience, there is neither. Even though I was born and I will die to this experience, my real life, my true existence is eternal and omnipresent in God, secure in Good, and Perfect in Divine Reality.



1 comment:

Neal Cassady said...

Thank God, He is the only constant and stable thing this life has!!