Friday, January 30, 2009

Love Overcomes Hate


Lord, make me an instrument of your peace, Where there is hatred, let me sow love;where there is injury, pardon;where there is doubt, faith;where there is despair, hope;where there is darkness, light;where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.--Prayer of Saint Francis of Assissi

I know that there is but One Power in the universe and that Power is God. This Power manifests in and through all form, all people, all conditions, and also exist at the very center of our being. This Power is Life Itself and It's only nature is Love--All Good. I know that just as light dissipates darkness, just as heat warms the atmosphere, so a consciousness of good overcomes evil. I know that God constitutes the only Power, Presence, and Law, and the knowledge of this Good, which is the knowledge of Love, overcomes all evil, dissipates it, obliterates it, blots it out.

I refuse to think of hate or any negation as a power, and I know that evil has no power other than what we give it. It truly saddens me to see people emotionally scarred and crippled by a false belief in a power of evil which is made manifest from their imagination only but then propagated through superstition, myths and religious dogma. Hate cannot exist where love is recognized. Knowing that God alone is real, I turn to the Truth that Jesus and others have articulated so well before. When I recognize this Eternal Truth, every so-called evil in my experience, those dark places of my imagination are instantly dissolved into light. The disolution of evil is complete; the manifestation of good is perfect.

Today I am guided into an ever-widening unfoldment of my true being and my every thought, feeling, and act is an expression of the God-Nature, which is always Love and always Good and Perfect. This nature is evident in me, through me and exist all around me and you continuously. Knowing this, I overcome hate with love.

No comments: